Sunday

[red sky]

There is something here tonight.
Present.
I can feel it in my bones.

I recently lost a cousin. A young cousin full of promise, bravery and strength. He was killed tragically in an accident. Our community is alive in sorrow.

I can feel it in the wind. It blows strong and heavy. I feel like I can feel him blowing through me. The wind holds not an ounce of bitter cold. A dense, warm wind, like a welcoming hug from a comforting friend.

I hear the drumming in the distance. Metonic. The shrill screams and song of the men around the drum. Thum-thump, thum-thump. Brings back many memories.

"Ah-heeeyyyy-oooooooh. At-lee-cous-wee-wee-noooooooon-ta, at-lee-cous-wa-ken-tam-poe." We would pray. Call on the Creator to watch us through the day and keep us safe.

I only ask of Him, God, Creator, Spirit, - whomever, to watch over my cousins, watch over my families, and to hold all of us who are hurting. To keep His arms open for him when he arrives.

The wind blows hard, a hard gentle breeze, that pushes the trees aside with great force, but holds each of us tenderly in it's wake.

♥ Lim lim't cousin. Thank you.
Life is fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment